Well, the entry I never thought I'd get to write is finally being written!! I am so excited to go to Salt Lake this weekend. Never before have I really enjoyed going to SLC because of the wild drivers and crazy traffic, but that won't put a damper on the happy reunion that will take place as bags roll around the carousel in desperate search of their owner. I think when I see him at the top of the escalator, I might run up to him. Or I might stand there and cry. Or I might not do anything at all. Or I might laugh...hysterically. Or maybe, just maybe, I'll wait patiently for him to come down, smile through the tears of joy that trail down my face, and shake his hand.
I cannot believe that 2 years ago, I stood in the MTC and shook his hand then watched as he walked away and took his place among several other elders. It was a day packed full of miserable joy. It's true: you never know what you truly have until it shakes your hand and walks away. I realized really quick what had walked away after that handshake. My best friend.
And Friday we'll do it all again. Except this time will be different. My best friend will return with that handshake. I will be recording it, with a sweet Sony camcorder I got thanks to a wonderful Ebay transaction. Since it will be recorded, permanently, is it okay to shake hands and hug at the same time? Or is that illegal too? ;)
Well, that's the end of my post, folks! I'll be posting videos and pictures here when I get back home. It's going to be wonderful!! The most amazing conclusion to any girl's novel of 253 pages of emails from a handsome Elder in Mexico.
Love you all! :)
1 comment:
Brit! I'm so dang excited for you!! You are such a wonderful person and deserve the best! Love you!
Post a Comment