Previous Posts

Monday, July 15, 2013

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

I really love being an adult.  But sometimes it is a little stressful.  I have been pondering about trials lately and what the definition of a trial is.  In my mind, it has always been a huge tragedy, but after some study I have determined a trial constitutes anything that is hard.  We are here to be tested, not defeated, destroyed, or discouraged.
We are experiencing a trial.  We have decisions to make and some of them are big and will effect our future...and then again, maybe they won't affect it as much as I think they will.  But either way, they are important decisions.
Student loans (unsubsidized, Thanks to Obama) are accumulating interest at an alarming rate (about 7%), our rent is affordable but a cost nonetheless, we love our home in Twin but hope to find an opportunity in Pocatello, living in 2 places with 2 lives is difficult...especially with a third sweet member of our family.  We are blessed with extraordinary (purely amazing!) friends who take great care of our home while we are away.  We have determined we'll be better servants of our Father if we are in one place, then we can actually magnify our calling! And maybe our sweet girl can get a better routine established. 

We've got some things in the works...just hoping they work out!

On a very tender note, we have been blessed with magnificent friends.  One dear friend gave us an entire bag of clothes for Annalee which will fit as she grows and then brought a giant box of diapers to us yesterday.  Our lesson in Relief Society was on tithing and I truly have a testimony of the blessings that come from obeying our Father.  All of His commandments.  We have a large diaper stockpile, but I've been worrying a bit, wondering if we have enough.  Miracles happen.  I hope plan to return these great favors someday!

Please remember our little family in your prayers.  We have no doubt the blessings will come.  They always do.  I've been let down a lot in my life...but never by my Father in Heaven or His Beloved Son.  They are taking care of us; I am just impatient.

We have a great marriage and wonderful family life.  We cannot complain, but trials still come and it's okay to need a little help and reassurance sometimes.  I am grateful for the counsel to build a strong foundation to carry us through these struggles.  I am eternally thankful for my testimony.  It is of utmost worth.  It is a priceless jewel to me.  It is what gets us through.

We hope all finds you well,
 Brit

 

No comments: