Previous Posts

Monday, June 10, 2013

Annalee's Blessing Day

What a special day it was! 
I am so thankful to be married to a worthy Priesthood holder.  There are few things more precious than handing your sweet, innocent, sleeping daughter to your wonderful husband and then sitting with your arms folded, eyes closed, head bowed, and tears creeping down your cheeks as you listen to a dedicated disciple and servant petition the Father for a blessing upon His daughter, our daughter.  It was truly a glorious occasion.

Troy gave Annalee a beautiful blessing.  All the while, I thought it was being recorded and it appears as though our recorder wasn't working :(  So sad!  Next time, we'll be recording with several recorders.  I am grateful for the things I remember from her blessing and really need to sit and write it down.  We will not forget the sweet spirit we felt, as that blessing was being given to her.  Hopefully we will have a miracle and that voice recorder will kick into gear and we will have it after all.

Enjoy the pictures.  She is such a beautiful girl!

 
 










 








 




 

 



 

 


 








I saved my garter from our wedding day for her headband on her blessing day.  The idea came to me as I sat in the Bride's Room in the Logan Temple prior to our sealing.  A headband for her blessing, a hair tie for her baptism day, and her garter on her wedding day.  Much like the three dresses.  I like it.

I have more pictures of our family with Annalee after the blessing, but they are saved on another drive.  I will post them soon.  Have a great day!

No comments: