Previous Posts

Friday, March 30, 2012

Baby=Joy

Since our last post, lots has happened!!  Troy interviewed for ISU's Doctor of Pharmacy Program on March 16th.  We had an enjoyable time in Pocatello for the weekend.  We ate at Texas Road House (the dressing tasted funny...but the rolls were divine!) spent some time learning how to make pita bread, naan, and bagels with the Dean of the Pharmacy Program, then cruised on home...in time to retrieve our beloved Bountiful Basket on Saturday morning.

Here is that handsome husband of mine again...
The interview started at 8:30 in the morning and Troy finished up around 3 that afternoon. 

Oh, and remember that comment on Facebook about my inability to hold back my tears after dropping him off at the Pharmacy building to interview?  If you remember, I blamed this emotional instability on the memory of the day we left him at the MTC, which may have fueled the fire...but this is most likely the more reasonable cause of my weepiness...(drum roll)
Notice the pillow...that was not intentional.  Though I do love the message on the pillow.  After months of heartbreak and a definitely edifying and trying time in our marriage, we truly learned to rely on the scriptures, prayer, each other, time in the Temple, and the love of our Father in Heaven and the friends who have struggled with finding patience in Heavenly Father's timing.  This picture was taken on St. Patrick's Day...the day after Troy's interview.
Ironically, Troy said last year, when we were talking about the timing of our children, he said he'd like to wait until he was at least applying or until he knew he was in Pharm school to have our first baby.  I felt like it was too long to wait...but apparently, Troy, our Father in Heaven, and this sweet little one knew better than I did.  I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows what my family and I need better than I do. 
We had made an appointment to talk with our OB/GYN about inferility.  We had several questions and concerns...and fears of never experiencing pregnancy.  The appointment was scheduled 3/21/2012...so we went to that appointment pregnant.  It was a great relief to be pregnant, but we still had lots of questions, concerns, and a set of different fears.  We had several labs drawn, one of which was my progesterone level.  It was a little low, so I'm supplementing now to keep the level where it needs to be to maintain our pregnancy.  Other than that, the labs looked good.  The pregnancy hormone (hcg) was increasing just like it should.  It is still early, we're still nervous, but we're going to have faith and rely on our Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son and find comfort in knowing this little one came to us at just the right time.  Heaven's time. 

Here's a picture of our babe from our ultrasound today.  Absolutely amazing to see this little one moving around and to see the heart beating away at 140 beats per minute.  Truly, a miracle.  Our miracle.



As for the final word from Idaho State University...we're still waiting.  The letters were supposed to be mailed out yesterday or today...so we should know at the beginning of next week.  For now, we're planning on a move in August and a baby in November.  We have much to be grateful for!!!  There truly are blessings and safety within the walls of the Gospel.  I love my Savior and I am sure glad He performed an eternal Atonement, and understands what we deal with each day.  I am thankful for prayer, scriptures, holy temples, living prophets, and eternal families.  I am married to a good man who is worthy to hold the Priesthood.  What a great blessing and comfort it is to go to him in my time of need and see him turn to our Father! 

My amazing friends who are still struggling: I love you all!  I think of you often and admire your faith and strength as you trudge through...and supported me at the same time.  You are amazing and I am truly grateful for you!  I may be pregnant, but I am definitely still here to laugh and to cry (I do a lot of that these days) and to celebrate with you when you get your happy news; whether it be two lines on a home pregnancy test or a mother who has chosen you to raise her child through adoption.  You are mothers...and you are awesome! 

As for this happy little family, we're tuning in to all 4 sessions of Conference this weekend...and we're gonna love every minute of it!!!

No comments: