Previous Posts

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy New Year...and Valentine's Day

It has definitely been awhile since we've updated our blog! So long after New Years that we have to send out our wish for a Happy Valentine's Day at the same time as wishes for a wonderful new year. So far 2010 is treating us well. Troy is going to school, majoring in Pre-pharmacy with hopes of getting into Idaho State's Pharmacy program in 2 more years. He loves his job at the pharmacy, and I'm loving my job as well. We are staying busy as ward missionaries and teachers. Troy teaches Gospel Doctrine, I am still teaching (and playing with) the sweet 4 year olds. They are so much fun!!!
Last week, I was teaching them about Heaven and the premortal existence. They weren't too interested, and kept asking for a drink. Finally, I gave in and took them down the hall to get a drink. Bad idea. One little girl took off into the gym, one of the little boys followed, then the other little girl (after she got a good, long drink) took off after them, while the other ward is in Sacrament meeting, mind you. She was yelling, "You two had better get back to our teacher or she's going to be really really mad at you!" The other two were having so much fun that her words and mine, were cast out with the sound of their giggles. Once the roundup was complete, we went back to our classroom. Their little lips stuck out and they folded their arms after Primary as they left the room to tell their parents about their dreadful mistake.
Though I was upset that we'd interrupted a meeting and the nursery, and who knows how many other classes, I couldn't help but look at those precious children of our Heavenly Father and love them. At that moment, I began to imagine how Heavenly Father must feel when we make a mistake or disappoint Him, even with a sin of omission, how much He loves us despite our shortcomings.
We had Stake Conference this week, and a wonderful privilege of sitting at the feet of a called servant of Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son. He offered many words of encouragement, and spoke about something women need to be continually reminded of, about not competing or comparing ourselves with others. I'm thankful for all of my blessings, especially for a husband who honors the holy Priesthood which he holds, and presides in our home. I'm grateful for a loving, forgiving Father in Heaven, and for His son who is our advocate. I'm thankful for the testimony which keeps me rooted in the crazy, tumultuous world in which we live. I love the Temple and being able to go each week and living in the shadow of the House of our Savior. I look forward to the second coming of Jesus Christ! What a wonderful day it will be! Again, Troy and I have much to be thankful for and our eternal family is a blessing we count twice.

Thankful in the Vally of Magic,
The Coulsons

1 comment:

Amber said...

I know how you feel with the Primary kids! I have the Sunbeams and it's hard to keep their attention and tend to go crazy last half of class, but all you can do and look at them as Heavenly Father's kids. I love my calling, even when it frustrates me, can't help but to love those kids!