Previous Posts
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Baby
I was able to assist with the delivery of a perfect one of Heavenly Father's children today. She was beautiful, perfect, and so precious. As I stood there, coaching mom along, I felt like it was me, mom, dad, and baby. That was it. None of the other nurses or doctor seemed to even be there. It was an amazing experience. I came home, sat on the couch, and the tears rolled down my face as I contemplated the miracle of the life of that baby. I watched as so many things could have gone wrong. So many obstacles along the way that could have stopped her delivery as a perfect, healthy baby. But most importantly, I felt the presence of a loving Heavenly Father who was watching over that little girl and guiding her along. He made sure she made it safely, as a Father would do. He loved her and for that split moment, I felt of his love for that family. I have been thinking about where I wanted to work, which department was best for me. I found that little area in this big field for me. I can think of nothing better than spending my days with the miracles that Heavenly Father sends to us every day. Not only does He send them, but holds their hand to guide them right into our arms, arms of nurses, who guide them to their parents. Is there any better career than that? I love the Gospel. I love Jesus Christ. He is my Savior. He loves that baby and that baby's family. He loves me and all others too. I am eternally grateful for those blessings I've been given. The opportunity to spend that time with mom, dad, and baby was an experience which will be in my heart forever. I'm thankful for my calling with the 5 year olds in my ward. They are perfect as well. What a tender mercy to spend 2 of my 3 hours at Church with them. I support and sustain President Thomas S. Monson as a Prophet of God. One who receives divine inspiration from a Father in Heaven and Beloved Son who love us. I love the scriptures and the words I read from those special pages. I look forward to seeing that handsome young man who has dedicated 2 full years of his life to the work of God. He is a wonderful young man, one who I love so much. He will be home in 57 days!! I look forward to scripture study, kneeling to pray, and rearing children at his side. I hope you all know how much we love you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hello stranger! I can't believe troy will be home so soon! I wish I could say the same about t.j.! You sound like you are doing amazing! I have a secret...I was assisting on a delivery about a month ago and I shed a tear right there in the room. Isn't it such an amazing experience?
Yes!! It's absolutely amazing!!! When does T.J. get home? The story about him sending you flowers is adorable. Troy did that once the first year he was out...but hasn't since. Are you still going to be a PA?
Post a Comment