Previous Posts

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Well, it's been awhile. Lots of things have happened. I completed my first semester of nursing school (phew!) One down, two to go. Troy will be home in 5 months from January 7 and I'm ELATED!! Can't wait as a matter of fact! We decided we should get our date, since we've wanted to get married on the 3rd of July for a long time. We knew the Temple would be closed for the 4th, so we chose the third. It just so happened that the Temple is closing from the 4th of July until sometime toward to end of the month or beginning of August. Miracle on our street, eh? Definitely not a coincidence. So, Troy and I will be getting married on July 3, 2009 and I don't think I could ever put my excitement, gratitude, and love for that young man into words!! Not sure how I got so lucky, but I have been blessed in the most undeserving ways!! Boy oh boy, how I love ya, babes! Our date is July 3, 2009 at 11 in the AM, BABY!!!! We'll be having a ring ceremony and a reception, so hopefully we can see you all on our day!!
I should tell you all that Zoey ran away...darn...not really though. She was out of control and pretty much un-train-able!!! She always ran down the streets and wouldn't come back when I called her, etc. Drove me nuts, actually. But I decided to try the dog thing again (with a smaller dog...no more labs for me!!! Way too much energy!). We woke up last Monday morning to the sound of somebody trying to get in the house. We called the police and were scared to death! I've never been so scared in my whole life. My chin was quivering so bad that I couldn't even talk to the officer. They police responded very quickly and said they couldn't see anybody or any tracks to follow...so, we're either paranoid or dreaming, or they are smarter than the average Joe. We've had some vandalisms and stuff around on this side of town (which is the good side...quiet neighborhoods). The cops said they had a report of the same thing down the street, so I think something was up and we aren't crazy after all. That is the reason I decided to get another dog. Her name is Roxy, she's 4 months old, a Besenji cross (super cute!) and we love her!! She's much smarter than Zoey, minds very well, and is catching on the the whole house training side of life. I'm glad to have her!
I was called a few months ago to teach Primary!! CTR 5!! LOVE IT!!! The kids are wonderful, but my heart is breaking because I'll get a new class in January. I'm excited, but love the kids I have now SO much! They're all so excited to meet Troy and one of the little girls today when she was saying the closing prayer said, "Please bless the missionaries that they can listen to Jesus." Goodness, they teach me more than I could ever begin to teach them! How I love them! I can't believe how easy it is to forget what great blessings we have in our lives!!
I've continued working on the house and have achieved quite a bit. I'll post more pictures of what we've done. We have a shower now, a gas furnace (instead of oil), and a green wall!!!
Have a Merry Christmas everyone and know that we love you! I'll just be here...hangin' out...counting down months, weeks, and days, so you'll always know where to find me!! ;)
-Me

No comments: