We are back in Pocatello! I never thought I would like this city, but I do. We have made some really great friends here.
As I posted a few weeks ago, Troy got the position for the Bengal Pharmacy on ISU's campus. Yay! He's gone in for a couple of days of training since we've been back. He's enjoying it and I think he feels more manly saying he has to go to work and school. Love him!
We finally heard back on that other pending opportunity. I came across a post for a property management position for a single student housing complex in Pocatello. For those who aren't familiar with property management, the manager oftentimes lives on site. In other words: free rent plus salary. We decided I'd go ahead and apply for it. That was mid-July. I applied, followed up, and had a phone interview. Once the phone interview was completed, I was scheduled for a personal interview. We drove from Twin the night before and I got up and was anxious for the interview the next day. Forty-five minutes prior to my scheduled interview time, I got a call saying the interview was cancelled because of an emergency. No other details.
The next day, I got a call to come back for an interview a couple of days later. I met with the current manager who was leaving. We had a good discussion and I felt like it went well. He told me everything was on hold, no time line, no idea.
I called the corporate office a few days later to follow up. The lady who I was supposed to meet with was back, but the receptionist said she'd give her a message to call me back. She did, but my phone didn't ring. Suddenly I had a voicemail. It was her. She let me know everything was still on hold. No time line. But interviews would resume...eventually.
In the midst of some other exciting things I've been participating in this summer, I got a call while trying to get my internet to work. I was frustrated, but put my happy tone on to answer the phone when I realized who it was.
I was scheduled for another interview. Thankfully, it was the day we were planning to move back to Pocatello anyway. Yay for not having to make another trip! Troy had to work that morning, Annalee was fussy (that's how it goes when Mom has things to do and is anxious to get it all done) so she required extra attention. I wasn't able to get everything packed and loaded as quickly as I had planned. We left late. I knew I was going to be late. Not late to any old appointment either. This was my third interview. With the corporate president of this investment company who owns the complex. Uh oh.
I called and called to let them know. No answer. No answer. No answer.
I left a message.
No call back.
I called again. No answer. No answer. No answer.
Finally an answer. It was about an hour prior to my scheduled time and I let them know we'd had some difficulties (they should understand after all I've dealt with, right?) They were understanding, told me to come when I could.
I showed up 15 minutes late. She was eating her lunch. Hallelujah. It didn't look too bad.
Our interview went well. She said I had all the right answers. She was very sweet and thanked me for letting her know I was running behind. She had run into construction too, so she understood. Answered prayers. She let me know she'd be meeting with the lady who would ultimately decide who got the position the next week and I would hear from her.
Now we wait. Still.
The following Tuesday I got a call and an invitation to interview for the fourth time on Friday. Yesterday I went for the interview. It went well. She told me she'd let me know by Saturday evening.
Waiting again.
She called Friday afternoon and let me know she wanted to hire me. "Great!" I went in, filled out paperwork, and will be moving soon. I am a bit nervous, but so excited! It is such a blessing financially and I will still be able to fulfill my favorite roles as a daughter of my loving, ever providing Father in Heaven, Troy's wife, and Annalee's mom.
We are so grateful!
Here's to a new adventure!
And another move.
To a much nicer apartment.
With central air and one level so I no longer will fret about Annalee falling down the stairs. She is an excellent stair climber, but hasn't leaned how to descend safely yet. The stairs in our current apartment are such a temptation. When they are blocked off and the kitchen is blocked off, it leaves her only a little room in the living room to play. I am sure she will love the new layout.
And so will we.
Pictures coming soon.
We love you all!
Troy, Brit, and our sweet Annalee
No comments:
Post a Comment